Ten startups from around the world will showcase their innovative optics, photonics, and imaging technologies designed to bring new opportunities to a host of industries in the Luminate Finals 2020.
These companies will make their pitch for up to $2 million in follow-on funding from the Empire State Development’s Finger Lakes Forward initiative. The live virtual event will be held at Optical Society of America’s annual conference titled “Frontiers in Optics + Laser Science” (FiO+LS). A panel discussion is also on the cards, featuring industry experts from Luminate’s advisory board.
The Luminate finalists are:
- AkknaTek, Kaiserslautern, Germany
- ExPrimary, Rockville, Maryland
- Haqean of Bangalore, India
- Kilo Medical Solutions, Richmond, Virginia
- Nordetect, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Rubitection, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- SaNoor Technologies, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Simulated Inanimate Models (SIM), Rochester, New York
- SunDensity, Boston, Massachusetts
- Think Outside, Bergen, Norway.
Following the finals, startups in attendance can learn how to apply to the Luminate accelerator to gain access to funding, mentors, a vast optics, photonics and imaging (OPI) network, and comprehensive support.
Luminate NY is the world’s largest business accelerator for startups with OPI related technologies. Located in NextCorps’
incubator at Sibley Square, the accelerator selects 10 promising companies each year and provides comprehensive training, resources, and funding to advance their technologies and businesses.
The Luminate Finals 2020 event is free to attend, but registration is required. Register here
until midnight on Sept. 13. For more information and sessions at the FiO+LS conference, visit https://www.frontiersinoptics.com/home/