Worldwide competition for startups happens virtually on Thursday, September 30
The world’s biggest pitch competition for startups with photonics, optics and imaging technology happens on Thursday, September 30. Register for the free, virtual event, sponsored by Optica (formerly OSA) at Luminate Finals 2021. It takes place from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Watch 10 startups from around the world introduce emerging technologies with the potential to change a wide range of industries. See which teams secure follow-on funding ($1 million goes to Company of the Year, with additional investments for four other companies).
Vote for a favorite team to help them take home the Audience Choice Award and $10,000. Hear a panel discussion with distinguished women in science on addressing the challenges underserved founders face.
After the event, stay to learn how your startup can apply for the Luminate accelerator! (Applications for cohort 5 are now open.)
Meet the 10 startups:
• 2EyesVision from Madrid, Spain announces the first technology that allows people to quickly and accurately compare the different corrections available for presbyopia.
• Andluca Technologies from Princeton, NJ introduces UV-solar-powered smart glass, which is improving the energy efficiency of buildings.
• Dynocardia from Cambridge, MA presents the first non-invasive blood pressure (NIBP) method that measures BP continuously and with accuracy.
• Infrascreen from Neuchatel, Switzerland offers nanotech solutions for better climate control in greenhouses.
• Layer Metrics from Wilmington, DE proposes a first-of-its-kind precision measurement and optical inspection system to enable reliable metal additive manufacturing.
• Mesodyne from Sommerville, MA announces Ultra-high, energy-density compact power generators that increase the endurance of small autonomous systems by 10x over batteries alone
• Momentum Optics from Longmont, CO presents high-quality, affordable, and rapidly delivered custom optics.
• One Silicon Chip Photonics (OSCP) from Montreal, Canada offers inertial navigation sensors for autonomous vehicles.
• Owl Autonomous Imaging from Rochester, NY presents the 3D Thermal Ranger™, providing HD imaging and precision ranging that is a 150x improvement in resolution and cloud density of currently used products.
• PreAct Technologies from Portland, OR announces sensors and software that make it possible to angle car seats away, deploy airbags earlier and raise the car suspension before the impact of a crash occurs.
Join in the excitement next Thursday, September 30 from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., as these startup companies head into the final competition. Sign up at Luminate Finals 2021.